Friday

Is a Pit Bull for Me?

As I have recommended to hundreds of people and wrote in my post on owning a dog, there is no stronger deterrent to an attacker's plans than a protection dog. No question about it. Even if you are  holding someone at gunpoint, your hesitancy because of fear or reluctance to shoot someone can put you in harm's way. 

A good protection dog has no fear of protecting; that is his one and only job. Pit bulls are great protection dogs. The reputation they have for being aggressive, violent, and out of control is for the most part unwarranted. If they are trained to be aggressive or the owner is not a strong leader and lets them have their way, they can be a problem. Otherwise, they are great family dogs, very loyal, and protective. I have a female pit bull and she is great with my family and very friendly when people come over, but she is no nonsense if a threat to my family occurs.

While my daughter was jogging in somewhat of a reclusive area, she was almost attacked by a man until our pit bull stepped in between her and the attacker. She never actually bit the man but she let him clearly know that if he took one more step towards my daughter things were going to get ugly. One look at her and the man backed off and fled.

Check out my other post on owning a protection dog.  Dogs are an investment that will protect you and your family from some horrible experiences. No one with even the slightest brain wave who would carry out a plan of attack on someone walking with a protection dog. Let alone, if you had two. It's a beautiful thing when your dog does it's job.

For Your Safety,

Dr. Martin Wooten
      

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I have always had pitbulls in our family and although they have such a horrible reputation they are some of the sweetest dogs ever. My two year old plays all day and night with our pitbull and he is so gentle and patient with him as if he knows he has to take care of him. Very nice post Dr. Wooten!!! two thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete